Monday, October 22, 2012

Voting Day Surprise


Today was the big day.  Early Voting - First Day!  I arrived early, and was the sixth person in line.  The fifth voter, oddly enough, was an elderly man eager to tell me that he disliked Gov. Brownback, and literally didn't care who knew it.  (Easy to believe, judging by the pitch of his voice!)  The other four voters were looking daggers at this outspoken, rare specimen.  They appeared to think he was daft.  Since I said I agreed with him, he insisted on giving me his place in line.  Thus, I became the fifth voter, and he became the sixth. CHILVARY ON THE GREAT PLAINS!  He continued to rant on until the polls opened, and mercifully for the first four, the polls opened early!

If I had come at 10:00 the line would have been out the door doubling back on itself.  It was a steady stream from then on.  Most of the people were retired, just a few under 30.

As I approached the table, I extended my photo ID and said, "Please take your time."  I was very polite. - most sincere.  This is quite a responsibility.

As I left the polls in Johnson County, Kansas, I felt, WHAT A REMARKABLE SURPRISE ----- I actually know for a fact that the president received at least two votes here this morning.