Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Eyes Of Texas!


I never ever ever thought I would say this but I am absolutely green with envy of Texas!!!!  I also never ever ever thought I would say,  could Kansas ever be like Texas - please?  Could we possibly have a Wendy Davis and all the people who stood with her?  If only people from Kansas would gather by the number - make that vast numbers - to protest what has been done not only to women's rights, but to voting rights.  Could that Texas banner of protest wave over our Kansas skies?  In my wildest imaginings, I have never thought of Texas as anything but just plain worse than Kansas on oh so many levels.  But now look at what strode forward in pink tennis shoes. Sanity, decency, logic, kindness, empathy, and intelligence strode right in to the Texas state house, and fought for equality, common sense, and uteruses.   Damn!  I want one of those Wendy Davis' in Kansas.  By god Wendy was able to focus not only the eyes of Texas, but the eyes of Kansas and the rest of our dear country on the gift she has for standing up for women's rights.  Wow!