Saturday, May 12, 2012

Graduation

Gov. Sam Brownback and his handler/owners, the Koch Brothers will have to wait for a few weeks. It is graduation season in these parts, and some wonderful, sweet things are happening.  It comes with two views.

My graduate, the 18 year old grandson is going to have a reception with three other young men.  In this instance, the four families will join together at a club house to celebrate the passing of the years, the accomplishments of their sons, and the joys of parenthood...... the pay off so to speak.   Having attended a number of these truly lovely functions, I am delighted to share with you that they are pure joy.  Each graduate is allowed to shine, and it is my firm belief that in a perfect world everyone should have a "shinning moment" at least once in their life.  Lets just hope this is the start of many such moments.

As a grandparent my joy is on so many different levels. I find I discover a new one almost daily.

The Papa, (the grandfather,) passed away in 1998. It is his memory, his legacy..... that level..... that  all our joy is based upon.  He revered education as one does their religion. I can not stress that enough. He served the community on our local board of education for more than a dozen years.  Every year it was his honor to be among those who awarded diplomas to the graduating classes.  He often told me that was his favorite part of serving on the board.  He loved this time of year.......the graduation season.  Shine grandson SHINE!