Friday, May 18, 2012

NOOOOOOO!


I was too young -- in love -- or just didn't care to know anything about the politics of the Wrigley family.  My truth is bound up in Chicago Cubs wrapping paper.  One of the first questions my new boyfriend, Richard, asked was, "Who do you like better the Cubs or the Sox?"  We were both attending Drake University in Iowa. I came from Chicago - he came from Rockford.  I was to learn much about Richard in the answer to that question.  Of course, for him, the correct answer was the Cubs.  He had been a loyal fan since age six.  He was lucky enough to meet many of his idols.... yes, Ernie Banks, he toured Wrigley Field, and he watched a game from the press box.  He told me that heaven would look like Wrigley Field.  Enough said.  Soooooo how has it come to this?  This awful awful man.  This bigot - this racist - this hater..... this Joe Ricketts.  Oh Richard, how do we ever make this right?